Perth Radiological Clinic was created in 1948 and is the oldest established private medical imaging practice in Perth. It is a leading provider of private medical imaging services in Western Australia and has an enviable record of achievements in Perth.
- First Private Radiology Practice – 1948
- First Private Ultrasound service – 1975
- First Private CT scanner – 1978
- First Private Doppler Ultrasound service – 1980
- First Private MRI scanner – 1995
- First Accredited Private Radiology Fellowship in MRI – 1999
- First Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) – 1999
- First Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (Musculoskeletal Treatments) – 2000
- First Multi-Slice CT (4 slice) scanner – 2000
- First with Electronic Image Distribution via CD Rom and web server access to reports & images – 2000
- First Multi-Slice CT (16 slice) – 2002
- First Private CT coronary angiography – 2004
- First Multi-Slice CT (64 slice) – 2005
- First with a fully integrated PACS/RIS system – 2005
- First 3T MRI scanner – 2008
- First with fully redundant, secure, online storage of all images and reports for at least the next seven years – 2010
- First clinical PMSA PET/CT for prostate cancer – 2015
- First clinical Beta Amyloid PET/CT for Alzheimer’s disease – 2017
The Practice provides a class leading medical imaging service via a network of conveniently located community and hospital based locations, including the provision of medical imaging services to four private hospitals. In addition we provide medical imaging services to four public hospitals.
The aim of Perth Radiological Clinic is to continue to provide diagnostic imaging services of the highest quality to the Western Australian community. To achieve this, Perth Radiological Clinic employs professional staff with a wide range of skills and experience. Equipment is updated frequently and staff undergo intensive training programs to ensure the highest standards are maintained. We are committed to providing a high level of service to our community and we pride ourselves on our innovative approach to imaging.
In 2002, Perth Radiological Clinic became incorporated into the I-Med Network. After a ten year association, the PRC Partnership of Radiologists regained a majority ownership of Perth Radiological Clinic. In December 2014, the Partnership re-established complete ownership of the practice with no residual holding by I-Med.
Today Perth Radiological Clinic is one of the largest independent Medical Imaging practices in Australia. With over 70 Radiologists and 600 staff and a sophisticated and innovative IT platform, we offer a complete and integrated range of radiological services to the people of Western Australia.